We have an extensive checklist on how to best close down your Florida property for the season. We are available to assist you with the close down process, please view our checklist document which serves as a general guide as well.
Our accredited home watch professional will execute a visual inspection your home or property looking for obvious issues.
Exterior Home Checks we look for obvious damage or unsafe conditions in the:
- Driveway, walkways and gates, exterior walls, windows, doors, gutters and soffit
- Pool cages, screened-in patios, porches, and lanais
- Visual check of the roof (from the ground) checking for obvious damage, tree limbs, etc.
- Pool and Spa checking for Pump and filter leaks as well as the general appearance and cleanliness of the pool as well as the water level and water flow
- Perimeter walls and fences
- Yard or patio furniture
- Pest or rodent damage and or bird and insect nests
- Broken windows/doors damage, due to vandalism, forced entry, unusual markings
- Landscaping general overview, looking for obvious issues like dead or struggling plants or dried out lawns, overgrown plants, and obvious drainage issues.
- Electrical breaker panel looking for tripped breakers
- Address sign looking for missing address numbers on the house, door, mailbox, etc.
- Remove junk mailers/flyers from mailbox, driveway, and front door
- Bring any package or personal mail inside the home.
- Lights on an automatic timer for coach or porch lights
Interior Home Checks we look for obvious damage or unsafe conditions in these areas:
- Security system is operational if activated.
- Check all ceilings, room corners, and baseboards for signs of water damage/intrusion or moisture.
- Signs of pests and insects.
- Electrical items left ON.
- Doors and windows locked and secured.
- Unusual noises and odors.
- Check for open bags of food such as cereal, chips, etc., that can attract bugs.
- Run water in sinks, run the sink/garbage disposal looking for leaks
- Look for obvious issues like the faucet dripping, leaks, slow drains.
- Check for toilets that run continuously
- HVAC systems (heater, air conditioner, thermostat)
- Check Hot Water heater for leaks or signs of rust
- Confirm Hot Water heater is in Vacation Mode or OFF, or client’s desired setting.
- Check and notate the temperature in the Refrigerator/Freezer. Ice maker should be in the OFF position.
- Stored vehicles should be set with a battery maintainer/tender.
- Check stored vehicles for appearance, flat tires, surface mold, etc.
Home Watch Visit Report
For our clients we create a Home Watch Report using software provided by HomeWatch IT. This customized report includes our extensive checklist of items as well as any custom requests. The Home Watch Visit Report captures GPS coordinates as well as time and date stamps, should an insurance carrier request them.
Our clients receive a digital report via email that shows that each item has been checked. We include pictures and communicate with our clients if there are any issues at the property that need immediate attention.
Check out our Handyman Services!